Jon Acuff has challenged me. You might not know Jon Acuff, but he is the creator of the wildly successful blog Stuff Christians Like, and the author of several books that have kept me from sleeping on airplanes.
He challenged me by inviting me to be a part of the Start Experience. An opportunity to connect with other dreamers of dreams to help each other become music makers. He has challenged us to risk something for 24 days. We risk doing something that will help us get on the road to awesome.
My risk? To wake up at 5 am for 24 days straight and hustle. I won’t be hustling like they did on the 70s dance floors or like they did during the 90s rap scene, but I will be hustling. I will get up at 5 am and do the things that are hard for me to do throughout the day. These things include:
- Exercise – I am about 20 pounds overweight and this stops now.
- Write – I am going to write my blog and get way ahead. I am going to write the book I have been putting off.
- Read – Leaders are readers, but it is hard for me to find time to read without interrupting other responsibilities.
- Be Quiet – I will take time everyday to meditate, pray, and just be quiet.
- Plan – I am going to plan for my future so I can Live Your List.
I will be hosting a Tulsa 5 Club once a week for the 24 days. Location and date will be determined. If you would like to join me, please leave a comment below!
What are you going to risk during the Start Experiment?